The following items not accepted: Electronics/Computers, TV’s, Mowers, Propane tanks or air compressors, Batteries, Hazardous Material, Liquids, Appliances, Tires
The borough reserves the right to refuse any item deemed unacceptable. There will be no curbside pickups.
pick up will be delayed one day.
GARBAGE WILL BE PICKED UP ON the following holidays.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Be informed: Carpet - bundled into 4 foot sections, $5.00 per roll prepaid with debit/credit or checking account.
Please note the following state law for fireworks and sparklers.
Be a considerate neighbor and follow these laws for everyone’s safety. Thank you, North Apollo Borough.
Act 43 of 2017, Section 2404. Use of consumer fireworks.
(a) Conditions.--A person who is at least 18 years of age and meets the requirements of this article may purchase, possess and use consumer fireworks.
(b) Prohibitions.--A person may not intentionally ignite or discharge:
(1) Consumer fireworks on public or private property without the express permission of the owner.
(2) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices within, or throw consumer fireworks or sparkling devices from, a motor vehicle or building.
(3) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices into or at a motor vehicle or building or at another person.
(4) Consumer fireworks or sparkling devices while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
(5) Consumer fireworks within 150 feet of an occupied structure prohibited.
the following days in 2022:
borough office be closed Friday, Dec. 24.
Good Friday = April 15
Labor Day = September 5
Thanksgiving = November 24-25
Christmas Day = 12/25/22 - Observed Mon., Dec. 26.
We are a small group that trap feral & stray cats and take them to an organization called Homeless Cat Management Team in Tarentum to be spayed or neutered. In addition, they are given a rabies shot and treated for fleas and ear mites if needed. The cat is held overnight, and then brought back to where it was trapped and released. This service is available for only feral and stray cats.
Click Here for more information on stormwater runoff pollution from the PA DEP Buearu of Clean Water.
Urban stormwater runoff pollution is a problem that has no boundaries, and neither does the solution! While the DEP Bureau of Clean Water works with the counties, towns and other municipalities, construction firms, and industries to help them follow regulations to reduce stormwter runoff, Pennsylvania residents can also do their part to reduce stormwater runoff.